Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer Lunch Detroit Market Style

I have written about the Detroit Eastern Market Tuesdays before.  But, I love it so I am going to write about it again.  What I love about it, is that I can go on my lunch hour to shop, get lunch and just enjoy the sites.  Yes, I love going to Eastern Market on Saturday, but Detroit Eastern Market Tuesdays is a bit more quaint, with all that I need. 


                                                                
Vendors sell a variety of fruits, vegetable and herbs, some of which are grown in the city of Detroit.  Also on sale are ready to eat items, like soup from the Russell Street Deli, or you can grab a sandwich from the Green Zebra Truck.  There are tables set up for eating and sitting as well as an area for workshops.  A Yoga class was going on as I walked through the shed and it gave me a sense that this was not just a place to grab some food and get out, but a place to enjoy your afternoon.

When I arrived I went through my normal routine.  I do one loop of the entire area and take a look at what is being offered without buying a thing.  Then I go back and get my lunch and other items and sit down to eat.  This Tuesday, I grabbed a pint of fresh raspberries from the Blake's Farm stand ($2) and a cup of gazpacho from the Russell Street Deli ($3).  I paid only $5 for a fresh lunch and had a great experience as well.



I plan to make the Tuesday Market a part of each week (if I can).  And, I think you should too!

Detroit Eastern Market Tuesdays will run, July 9 through October 29 from 9am-3pm


No comments:

Post a Comment