Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bacon...Why I am not a Vegetarian

Where can you get the best bacon?  I am talking about prepared bacon with your meal.  Do you like thin and fatty?  Thick and meaty?  Peppery? Mapley? (Mapley is not a word)

I can't help it.  The Original Pancake House has my vote for the best restaurant bacon.  I would really welcome some comments on other establishments that offer good bacon, so I can try them out.  I am sure there are others out there and I want to make sure that I am making the best judgement.



Their bacon is thick and mapley with a little pepper taste on the backside.  It is sooooo yummy and even better when you dump some warm syrup over it.

My favorite bacon can be bought from Crestwick Farms.  It is Apple with Sea Salt and it is sooooo good. Crestwick Farms is located in Ravena, Michigan, but delivers to locations in the metro-Detroit area and some products are carried at Vince and Joes Market and other locations found on their website. At Crestwick Farms they have 100% naturally raised livestock, so you can feel good about your bacon!  AND, their products are Nitrite/Nitrate, MSG, Soy and Preservative Free and are created within their own facility and smokehouses.

On the subject of bacon, there is a strange phenomenon that happens when I eat bacon and drink coffee.  If I do them both simultaneously, my coffee tastes horrible.  This is a HUGE bummer as I love both coffee and bacon and most often just suck it up and drink bad tasting coffee.  I googled this and came up short.  Apparently this doesn't happen to anyone but me.



Good luck on your bacon and let me know if you find some really good restaurant bacon in Detroit and I will go eat it.

2 comments:

  1. Toast Birmingham. Theirs is a bacon you must try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bacon too. An old family treat is PB and bacon sandwich (on toast). Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete