Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Jazz and Seaweed Salad

Jazz is in my ears and everything is right.  Each night (no kidding, ask my kids) I turn on 90.9 WRCJ to listen to the sweet sounds of Jazz.  Nothing is finer than ending the day with the sweet sounds of the instruments that sound so good together.  Weekday evenings are my favorite with Tony Mowad, who is the President and Founder of the Pittsburgh Jazz Society and also serves on the board of the American Federation of Jazz Societies. He plays great jazz (Pub Jazz) and has a great voice.  I love it.  My grandfather, David Saad was a true lover of Jazz.  He loved to sit and listen to live and recorded jazz, and used to tell stories of seeking out jazz overseas when he was serving in WWII.  I like to think I have his ear for music, especially Jazz.

While I sit and listen to Jazz this evening, I am eating seaweed salad and it occurred to me that Jazz and seaweed salad have a lot of similarities.  The are both silky yet have some texture and depth, they can be both sweet and spicy at the same time and they don't fill you up too much, so you always have room for more.

Try the two together or apart.  But if you get a chance, turn on WRCJ, close your eyes, lay back and enjoy the sweet sounds...





No comments:

Post a Comment